Kansallismuseo tunnus

Museum shop  |  Media Service   |  Contact Information  |  Feedback

Suomeksi  |  På svenska


Little of the original furnishing of Louhisaari has been preserved. Nothing is known of the furniture from the time of the Flemings.

From the time of the Mannerheims, however, there is an inventory of the estate of Count C.E.Mannerheim made after his death in 1837. There are pieces from his time in the manor, some were bought by the National Museum of Finland from the Mannerheim family, some items came with the manor when it changed owner and were donated by the last private owners. Pieces from West-Finnish manors selected form the collections of the National Museum have been added.

The colours and upholstery of the furniture have been restored as far as possible, but not the faded painted decoration of the elder objects.

Sininen kamari
 Kuva: Museovirasto
Photo: The National Board of Antiquities