|The Seurasaari Open-Air Museum was founded in 1909 by Professor Axel Olai Heikel.
The Museum consists of buildings from the different provinces of
Finland. Relocated to Seurasaari Island, they give an overall view of
the life in Finnish countryside from the 18th to the 20th.
At present, there are 87 separate buildings at Seurasaari.
A guide spinning wool at the Niemelä tenant farmyard. Photo: The National Board of Antiquities / Saara Salmi.