These essential cookies help ensure the website’s technical functioning, and they are not used for any other purposes. The website uses a secure protocol (https).
The non-essential cookies track visitors to the website. We kindly ask that you agree to the non-essential cookies as well, as we use them to improve our website. None of the information collected will be disclosed to third parties.
Cookies can also be sent to your browser by third parties whose services we display on our website as embedded content (forms, videos, a customer support bot, virtual tours, etc.). The operation of these cookies cannot be influenced through the cookie settings of the www.kansallismuseo.fi website. Third-party cookies can be blocked or allowed in the browser settings.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file stored on a user’s computer when they visit the website of a service. This file contains a small amount of data on what the user does on the website during their visit. A server sends data about the user’s activity on the website to the user’s browser. The next time the user visits the website, this data can be retrieved directly from the user’s computer, instead of the server.
Are cookies harmful?
Cookies do not cause harm to computers, files or internet use. Cookies are ordinary text files that cannot contain viruses. Moreover, these files are so small that they will not fill up your computer’s memory even if you do allow them to be stored on your device. Furthermore, cookies do not enable third-party access to the information on a user’s hard drive.
- craft_csrf_token: A publishing system cookie used as protection against CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery) attacks. The cookie remains active for the duration of a user’s visit to the website.
- cookie_use_acceptance: A cookie that retains information on whether a user has allowed or blocked cookies in the browser. The cookie remains active for six months.
- searchIsmoImageInfo: A website cookie that stores the address of images in the digital collection.
Tracking cookies (non-essential cookies)
The purpose of the tracking is not to identify individual users, and IP addresses are not stored in full. However, an IP address will be used to assess which organisation it is registered to and what the user’s geographical location is.
- _ga, _ga_,: Google Analytics visitor tracker. Remains active for two years.
- _dc_gtm_: Google Tag Manager visitor tracker. Remains active for one minute.
- _gcl_au: Google Analytics visitor tracker. Remains active for three months.
- _gid: Google Analytics visitor tracker. Remains active for three months.
- _fbp.: Meta Pixel visitor tracker. Remains active for three months.
Third-party applications (non-essential cookies, plug-ins)
Some of the pages at kansallismuseo.fi use third-party applications to display content. These include embedded YouTube videos, forms, the customer support bot and virtual tours. These applications may send cookies to a user’s browser when pages are loaded, and the cookies convey data about the loading and address of a page to the third party. The internal operation of these cookies cannot be influenced through the cookie settings of the kansallismuseo.fi website. Third-party cookies can be blocked or allowed in the browser settings.
The kansallismuseo.fi website displays a cookie banner. Users can allow the use of non-essential cookies and plug-ins when visiting the website.
If a user does not allow cookies, no non-essential cookies or plug-ins will be stored.
A user may change their cookie preferences by clicking the button below. Clicking the link will display the cookie banner again.