Hut building is a fun summertime activity! Come and join us in building a great willow hut inspired by the summer houses of Seurasaari. You can either drop by the building site briefly or participate in the building of the hut for longer – even every day, if you like! The workshop is open for everyone, from children to adults.
Since the prehistorical times, willow has been used as crafting material for various purposes. In the museum's hut building workshop you can try out this fun and easy twining technique for yourself. The hut is planned together with the participants and the workshop is taught by two teachers from Seikkailutaidekoulu.
- mon - thu 20.–23.6. between 12 am and 4 pm (the workshop is non-stop - you can come and go as you please!)
- Professional teachers helping you learn the basics of willow twining
- Included in the museum ticket
- The workshop is located at the yard of the Kahiluoto Manor house in the Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult