|The Museum's oldest building group, was brought to Seurasaari in 1909.
The oldest structure is a smoke sauna. The smoke-warmed cottage located
opposite, dating from 1844, is the building's only living quarters. A
milk storeroom is reached through the entrance vestibule. In summer
months, cooking took place under the shelter that stands in the yard.
The stable contained space for horses on the bottom floor and summer
sleeping rooms for female family members on the upper level. The yard
still contains the shed for fishing equipment and the 5 outbuildings
that were each the private property of family members. The farmyard
features a cowshed, pigsty, and farther away, a drying barn. A boathouse
used for storing sweep nets is located near the shore, along with a
conical pole tent where water for washing laundry was heated.|
Kuva: Soile Tirilä, Museovirasto.