|Museum shop | Media Service | Contact Information | Feedback ||Suomeksi | På svenska|
Moisio Manor's Summerhouse
|The summerhouse from the Moisio Manor in Elimäki has been located in the
park of the Kahiluoto Manor. The Empire-style summerhouse was built
according to designs by the architect C. L. Engel ca. in 1830. At the
time, the manor was owned by Major Henrik Johan af Forselles. The
structure has a log framework faced with horizontal boarding. The
entrance is located in the middle of the long side and in front of it is
a semi-circular porch with four Doric columns. The frieze of the porch
is decorated with wreath motifs. The roof is decorated with vase motifs.
Outside the summerhouse is painted light gray, the decorations are
white. Inside the summerhouse is yellow, the doors and the benches on
the porch are brown.